Saturday, August 22, 2009

Just around the corner

As I was watching my beloved Dallas Cowboys put a whuppin' on the Tennessee Titans last night, it finally hit me that football season is just around the corner. Usually down here, the first sign of it is the car commercial start using LSU playing "Tiger Rag", but for the time being they're using the Cash for Clunkers deal.

Also, last night, whatever it was that was supposed to be on ABC at 7, was pre-empted so that the local channel could give some kind of in-depth coverage of each area high school. Since I work at a middle school now, I had no idea when the season actually started, but apparently jamborees are next week. I do believe this will be the first fall I won't HAVE to go to any games since my freshman year of high school. Wow! I can actually go to a game and enjoy it!

Guess I need to stop procrastinating and set up my fantasy football teams soon.

No comments: