Friday, February 17, 2012

Keep your politics off my page!!!

I don't know about you, but I've noticed more and more on facebook that people are pushing their political views on everyone.

For instance, there is this thing going around saying some along the lines of who cares that Whitney Houston, a cracked out whore, died when millions of "hard working " Americans die everyday protecting our freedoms.

Now, I'm all for the troops and all, but doesn't that seem like a bit much? If you think about it, most people, in a matter similar to Michael Jackson and Amy Winehouse, hadn't mentioned anything positive about Whitney in years, but the minute she died everyone is her biggest fan again.

The same can be said for the troops, to an extent. How many people do you know actually talk about them everyday? With the exception of the few that I know that were over there or have a loved one over there, no one.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that no one dying is ever a good thing, but do you really need to use Whitney's death to create this, for lack of a better term, political hate agenda?

There are other such things that I notice, such as "people that watch Glee are nothing but a bunch of homosexual, bleeding heart liberals", "Sesame Street brainwashes children into believing ____", "God is a Republican, why aren't you?", etc.

It is all just insane and too much, I tell ya.

Remember the days when everyone kept their politics to themselves? I miss that time, I really do.

Well, thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Mike Golch said...

I wish everyone would keep their political views to themselves.Sadly they do not.

Lin said...

Politics and religion. I always thought we didn't mention either. Both seem to be prevalent everywhere these days as topics for discussion.