Monday, February 6, 2012

Not so super

Like most people in the country, I spent last night watching the Super Bowl. I'm a football, fan, what do you expect? Neither of the teams playing are worthy of my support, so it was more of the lesser of two evils. This year, that happened to have been the Patriots. Ironically, 4 years ago when these two played, the tables were turned.

That point aside, for some reason, I just wasn't feeling it this year. It should be noted that I haven't really had the chance to watch much NFL this year, so that may have had something to do with it, but even so, I'm normally all ready to plop down on the couch and not movie for the 3-4 hrs the big game is on.

As a matter of fact, I missed the 1st quarter because I was playing, ironically, football on my PS3. I was actually more pissed that I missed the national anthem, though (this was before I knew my future wife, Kelly Clarkson, was singing it).

Even my snacks seemed a bit blah. Before you say that perhaps my tastes are changing. Those that were leftover and that I've been eating all week, taste just as good as they always have. So, I guess that was just a fluke, but could it be that I'm over the Super Bowl, or was it just this year?

All in all, though, it was a good game, even if I wanted a different outcome, but things happen, right? Anyway, thanks for reading!

No comments: