Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Growth

As you all know by the numerous shameless plugs I post here, I do have another blog. You can check it out here.

We all know how crucial readers are to blogging. Most, if not all, of the readers of this little blog only found it through Entrecard. Some may only swing by because of said site. That's fine. I am also aware of the "empty views"...those that only glance as they are passing through, and don't read.

On occasion I am guilty of this myself. I admit it --hangs head in shame--. However, a fellow movie blogger of mine noted that while this blog gets comments, my other does not.

This has led me to ask for suggestions from the blogosphere. Anyone have ideas?

It is way past time for that other blog to grow and blossom, don't you think? I will be joining a movie blogger group, which should help some, but I'm open to other suggestions. also, if any one wants to go over and comment, even if its just to say "good job", I won't complain!

2 comments:

Valerie David said...

I'm no expert at driving hordes of people to my blog, ha, but leaving comments on other people's blogs using your movie blog link as your website can help.

I don't know if you're doing this already, but using some SEO techniques on your movie blog helps you get up in the rankings on Google so more people find you that way.

Posting on movie forums and articles and linking to your blog in those posts is also an idea. I've noticed on one of the writing sites I belong to, that once I started commenting in the forums, I got a bunch more "fans" and people who read and comment on my work.

Hope this helps!

Mystery Man said...

hmmm...all good ideas. I'll have to start looking into them.

Thanks Val!