Thursday, May 19, 2011

Finally, an update

So, now that things are a settling down a bit and are getting back into a routine (just in time for school to be over...lol), let me give you all an update.

For those of wondering what happened with the fire, rather than me explaining it, you can read about it here.

Now, in terms of damage and all that jazz. Sadly, we took the most damage. It was almost like it was targeting our house specifically. On top of that, the little woman was in there!

Luckily, she got out before the flames engulfed the place. Material things can be replaced, but I honestly don't know what I'd do if she would have been trapped in there. Keep in mind that I was on my way back from San Antonio on a bus trip, so that would have made it worse to come home and find out that she would have been burned to death...of course, she also was supposed to pick me up, so I might have noticed something, then...lol

So, all that aside...insurance is what we're waiting on now. In the meantime, we still have to pay mortgage for a place that may or may not even be standing much longer. Makes no sense to me, but then again, I actually have a heart.

Friends and coworkers have been nothing short of supportive and awesome while we've been going through this difficult time. A few have opened their homes to us, even if one kicked s out because he was working on his tenure and needed his office "to spread his papers" out.

I guess I can't really complain about that. I mean, it is his career and he did give us a place to stay for a few days.

Now, we're at another friend's house which reeks of uncleanliness, but, again...can't really complain.

Things are looking up, we have an apartment in the works, just a matter of paperwork (and hoping it doesn't fall thorough). It'll only be temporary, but its better than invading friends' houses.

As far as replacing possessions and whatnot, people have donated clothes, money, electronics and all that...not all of which was worth keeping...lol Some things can't be replaced (only existing copy of my senior recital tape...except the one in school archive, which they don't let anyone up there)

It is believed that the cats didn't make it out and my horn may or may not be up there precariously perched on the 2nd floor which could collapse at any minute. I haven't practiced in nearly a month and it is killing me! I guess I should just bite the bullet and get a new one, but I've had this one since high school, and its been through hell and back (like being run over by an instrument trailer and surviving), so there is a bit of emotional attachment there.

There are things that are going to take awhile to replace though...
-desktop...just under a year old *SIGH*

-DVD collection...thankfully, many of them can be found for cheap on amazon or ebay...except the Disney and new ones

-PS3..hadn't even had the chance to break it in and now its gone...ugh!!!

-big scren tv...same as above, and the warranty didn't cover fire

we've already started with the replacing of the dvds, but if anyone wants to donate anything, you are more than welcome to

Now, enough with this fire stuff. I'm tired of bringing you guys down with this morose news and whatnot.

As you saw this week, my Musical Monday posts returned this week. Hopefully, my other weekly features will, as well and I can get back to blogging on a regular basis, especially with school ending next week.

As far as Eye Candy goes, it will return in the fall, but between now and then will be special editions, so keep on the lookout, and yes Lin, you'll get some Dr. Drew soon...lol

So, that pretty much covers everything. Thanks for taking the time to read/listen! Don't forget to check out the movie blog...http://thankyounetflix.wordpress.com/

1 comment:

Lin said...

Crap. I guess what really matters is gone, right. I mean, you can't replace those personal photos and tapes, your horn, and of course, the kitties. I'm so very sorry for your loss, pally.

You can rebuild and you will get new things, but right now, you need to be thankful for your lives. That is what is important.

My Grandpa used to say "If money can fix it, don't worry about it" and yeah, when you don't have the cash, that doesn't help much. But in the end, he is right. You just have to remember that. All of that "stuff" is replaceable and just that....stuff.

Hugs to you, my friend. I wish we lived closer to help you. In the meantime, hang in there.