Friday, November 16, 2012

Divided States of America

The past few days, I've been reading reports and seeing charts about how parts of the country want to secede. When I first heard it, I assumed it was the typical southern states, then I saw it was also places like Colorado, Alaska, the Dakotas, and even New York!

Each state has a different reason for wanting to do this, but I have two points to make about this, so bear with me, please.

First, it seems that all of this is because they aren't happy Obama won. It is like when you're a kid playing a game and all of a sudden you get beat, so you change the rules is what this seems like to me said in my last post, people need to get over it. The election is over, let's move on, please!

Second, last I checked this was the United States of America. So, why in tarnation are people trying to divide this country? If anything, you would think people would be more interested in working towards a common goal, i seems as if anything is going to be seen as a slight towards the opposition. If he scratches his head, they take offense. If he buttons his coat, they take offense. Heaven forbid he kiss Mrs. Obama, all hell is likely to break loose!


This is just more of the pettiness that is plaguing this country. In my opinion political stuff is nonsense. It is very junior high-ish. Seriously, my students (who are actually junior high) have better behavior than what these politicians and their friends have right now.

Do I even need to get started on Donald Trump?

There is one more point I wanted to hit on. After the election was over, some people were saying they were going to leave the country. Why on Earth would you want to do that? As one of my friends stationed overseas put it "we are better off than every other country in the world, regardless of who wins, so why would somewhere where someones your decisions for you?" The blatant stupidity and sore loserness of folks today, I swear!

This whole secession thins is ridiculous! Remember how well it worked out last time? On top of that, maybe one state could survive on its own, and that's Texas.

Granted, we went through this secession talk last election, it just wasn't as big of a deal and social media wasn't that prominent then, either.

AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!

--ahem--

So, what are your thoughts on all this, dear readers? I'd love to hear what some of you have to say!

Thanks for reading!



No comments: