Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pondering

A friend and I were talking about how much coverage Hurricane Sandy has been getting.

You can't deny that this "Frankenstorm", and they've deemed it has been getting lots of coverage. However, both of us living in south La, have an issue with the aftermath.

Personally, the media coverage, telethons, etc. don't bother me, but for my friend, who lose everything in Katrina, he thinks it is a bit of a slap in the face.

One never wishes harm to anyone, but when Katrina, Rita, and other hurricanes hit down here, people up there seem to have been uncaring towards the plight down here, yet when they're hit, it seems they want the world to stop and help them.

My friend was quick to play the race card on this, but I disagree. My theory is that this hurricane hit a larger area, including more heavily populated places like NYC, and heaven forbid anything happen to New York, Sometimes I think people in this country think that is the capitol, instead of D.C.

Anyway, I just wanted to get some thoughts out. Just the way this hurricane thing is seen by someone who has been through a few (and his crazy friend).

Thanks for taking the time to read!

No comments: