Friday, November 16, 2012

Enough already

Like many of you, during this whole election season, my facebook has been blowing up with political posts, some of which make me question my friendship with some. Not because of differing political views, but rather the stuff they have posted. I was telling my friend in the UK about how it, and she was dumbfounded so much, she stopped just short of saying she'd never come to the US again!

Now that the election is over, it has been scaling back bit by painful bit, but people can't seem to let go that one guy won and the other lost.

I won't reveal who I voted for, nor do I care who it is you voted for. That is something that, to me, is as personal as your social security number. That being said, I find it deplorable that people in this country seem to have lost respect for the office of President of the United States.

After the election was over, there were some tweets that went out using racial slurs against Obama, saying the country is doomed, etc, etc, etc. WTF?!?

It is ok to be disappointed that your candidate lost, but it is never ok to start making racial slurs. One of them even threatened to assassinate him. Needless to say, she lost her job and is now under investigation by the Secret Service.

All of this is to say that we just need to get back to normal. There was no need for this election to have been so dirty At least football this weekend cleared out some of the political stuff, except for something that I will talk about in my next post.

No comments: