Saturday, March 23, 2013

Death is all around

Good morning, fellow bloggers! It is with a heavy heart that I type this post, as the past few weeks have surrounded me with death.

First, a couple of my friends from college lost their 2 yr old son. He had been dealing with some kind of sinus thing....not sure exactly what it was, then one day he was gone. She's still taking it pretty hard, from what I hear, she hasn't cracked a smile since it happened, which is pretty bad for someone that is almost always smiling.

Second, my friend, teacher, and mentor passed away the next day. Now, he had collapsed on stage back in October from a brain tumor, but seemed to have been recovering, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I cannot stress how that I would not be the musician I am today without his tutelage.

Third, my high school put up a memorial page for all that have passed over the years. Nothing really wrong with that, until I looked through and realized how many people I know that have passed on, most from stupid reasons like drunk driving!

Finally, and this is the one that hit me the hardest, one of my best friends and fraternity/sorority sisters from college passed away yesterday morning of a sudden heart attack. Making this even harder is the fact that I talked to her (through e-mail) a few hours before her death. She had said that she had been suffering from food poisoning from the past couple of weeks, but I wonder if she was trying to not tell me something more was wrong. I even joked about coming up to take care of her if she didn't get better. Little did I know....

*SIGH*

Needless to say, I'm not in my usual happy-go-lucky mood right now. This time of year is always hard for me, as 10 years ago, I lost my grandfather.

On a positive note, though, it is now spring break! Not having to drag myself out of bed every morning is sure to help!

Thanks for reading, everyone! I promise my next post won't be so dark and morose.

1 comment:

Mike Golch said...

bummer.death when it come for a mere child really sucks. my coldolences to the parents.and to your for losing your friend.

comment moderation I use that but to make me jump throu the word verication hoop as well that''s overkill it took me 4 tries so far to get that part right.ant this will be the last try if it fails you will not see this.