Saturday, April 10, 2010

Affliction Outbreak

So, since the new year started 5...count 'em...5 of my friends that are band directors have been hospitalized for some sort of chest/heart problems. Only one has had a recurring issue with these problems since birth. 2 of them have lost their jobs because of these health issues (although one of had other issues with administration that also factored in).

I told the little woman this and she asked how long it would be until I fell ill. Ha Ha...sure it was a nice little joke, but I do have to wonder. Is there that much stress in my chosen profession that it causes us to have ulcers, heart attacks, and the like?

Other than food poisoning (gotta love middle school cafeteria food), I haven't had any health issues *knock on wood* and I plan on keeping it that way, but I do have to wonder.

No comments: