Thursday, May 3, 2012

Caged

Took today off from work. Why? *cough* *cough* I'm sick, yeah, that's the ticket...lol

Seriously, the last off time I had was back in February. Yes, that is when our spring break was. The merged it with Mardi Gras break for some odd reason.

I love to take walks around the neighborhood, even this crappy nearly unsafe one. It's good exercise and gives me a chance to get some fresh air.

Unfortunately, though, the city has put up some kind of fence that blocks the back way out of the place. Not only is this an inconvenience for me, but it also means that if I want to take a walk, I have to go all the way around and stumble across the road that has no sidewalks and narrow roads.

Can we say not safe?

So, why did that fence suddenly go up? Your guess is as good as mine, but seeing as how the back way out of here goes through what passes for a park, I would imagine that has something to do with it.

Ugh!

Well, thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Karen @ Blazing Minds said...

I've been off work all week with a cold and chest infection, I'm starting to climb the walls here in shear bordom. I can't wait to get back in to work!

Lin said...

Hmmmmm....I'm guessing it's to keep you safe? In the unsafe hood? That's progress for ya.