Monday, February 4, 2013

Blame the governor

So, the Super Bowl was played last night. Yes, I watched it but, as neither team is one I normally cheer for, I didn't really have a dog in the fight. I found myself pulling more the Ravens, mainly because I wanted Ray Lewis to go out on a high note.

Here's the rub, though. This Super Bowl is probably the closest I'll ever come to seeing one. It was played an hour away over there in New Orleans. Having spent quite some time in that city, this week it was nice seeing familiar places on TV.

Normally, this game is played in other places that I have never been and/or am not familiar with, such as next year's game in New York. (I already feel sorry for the players having to go up there in the cold).

I'm not going to comment on the game, but that power outage, which was quite odd, can't be overlooked. As soon as it happened, some of my facebook friends started posting all kinds of smarmy comments.

As many of my friends are brainwashed fans of the team that normally plays in that building, they thought they had something to do with it, others said it was the 49ers attempting to hit the reset button, but the best one was that it was the governor's fault, because he's a spoiled brat and felt like it. I couldn't help but get a laugh out of that one.

Anyway, I just wanted to get some thoughts out. Thanks for reading!

No comments: