Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Youth and texting

My heart is heavy today, as two deaths have been brought to my attention.

The first is a childhood friend of mine who was on his way to work when he was killed by a teenager. Yes, I said a teenager. Do you know how he was killed?!? This kid was texting and driving! Anyone still think cellphones aren't dangerous?

As sad as his loss is, I think the one I just found out about was even worse. A couple of friends of mine lost their 15 month old son. Aside from the absurdly young age, this is sad because the cause of death is unknown, they had trouble getting pregnant with him, and I seem to recall him being born a little earlier than planned.

Needless to say, today has not been a good day. However, I'm not one to let deaths get me down. I know that both are in a better place now, and that's all that matters.

If you are the praying type, please do so for both families. Sacrifices are also accepted...lol

No comments: