Thursday, May 20, 2010

It feels so good

Ah, the last day of school. As a kid, I loved this day, and hated it at the same time. Many of the people I had grown close to over the past 9 months I wouldn't see for another 3, some would move away or head off to different schools and such, but such is the way of the world. On the other hand, its the last day of school. AS Bugs Bunny would say, "No more teachers, no more book, no more teacher's dirty looks!"

Today is the last day for the students. I can just imagine their elation. However, us teachers still have 3 days of meetings to deal with, but even so, today is it. Well, actually for me, it ended Monday. I had to actually give a final for band!!!! WTF?!? That's a topic for another time, though.

I can say that it does feel great to know that this time next week, I'll be able to relax a bit. Of course, it won't last long, as I did promise the little woman to find a summer job of sorts, but I'll worry about that next week.

For now, I want to enjoy this last day of school and then wait for my vacation to start.

No comments: