Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Faculty activities

Yay for Xmas break!

Officially, we got out Friday, but teacher had to come back in today for what they call "faculty activities". What are these, you may ask?

Well, I was wondering that myself, but it turns out that it is nothing more than a "surprise" Xmas party that we all had to take a day away from our break or make plans around.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for getting to spend time with my coworkers and whatnot, but to be forced to be there just seems a bit excessive, if you ask me.

That being said, I did enjoy myself today (and got a couple of nice presents), so it isn't like it was a loss or something like that. It's just the principle of the thing, y'know?

Well, thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Lin said...

You know, we have that problem too--people just want to go home instead of doing the work party. We have to close the office early in order to get folks to go. But you know, if that what it takes to have people show up...

Enjoy your Chrismtmas break!

Mystery Man said...

yeah, but still, they shoulkdn't have had to do it under false pretense...and on a tuesday, nonetheless! lol