Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hawaiian insult

I've been hearing alot about these "birthers" the past few days. In case you have no idea who they are, they seem to be Republicans who believe that President Obama isn't fit to be president, not because he had only been a U.S Senator for a short time before running (if they had to use anything, that would be the basis I'd go for), but rather that since he was born in Hawaii, he's not a U.S. citizen.

Now, I don't know about you, but that comes off as a bit of a slap in the face to anyone born in Hawaii in a way. I could be totally off in my thinking, though.

This just seems a bit extreme to me. These people are basically alienating an entire state just because they're not happy with the current President. Has partisanship gotten this bad? Or is this...dare I go there....race related?

Really, I would like to know! There are plenty of laws and court cases that uphold the citizenship of people from Hawaii.

Please note that I do not know all the details of these "birthers". I'm sure there is more to their evil plot than just contesting that people (mainly Obama) born in Hawaii aren't U.S. citizens, thus not making them eligible to be POTUS.

Whatever diabolical details that I am not aware of, I'm sure they are just as despicable as this. This just disgusts me that they would sink so low just to attempt to get the man out of office. what are they going to do next? Say he's cheating on Michelle just because he shakes a woman's hand?

No comments: