Friday, July 24, 2009

All because of some stupid dogs?!?

If you're a regular reader of my blog, then you'll know that on occasion I have mentioned I ma no fan of dogs. I'm a cat person. I'm also a fan of Michael Vick. I don't pretend to believe what he did or that dog fighting in general is right, but the man just spent 2 years behind bars and now no one wants to give him a chance? Oh and the commissioner wants to add a 4 game suspension starting from when/if he gets to play in the NFL this year...at least that was the report this afternoon).

So, all this because of some dogs? Really? Do those slobbery, flea ridden, worm infested mongrels mean that much to folks? The way the media and everyone have treated Vick since this whole thing went down a couple year, you'd think he was Bin Laden or Hitler. Seriously, I think Saddam Hussein got more sympathy!

I know that almost all of you out there are in love with your dogs and that's ok. People are entitled to like what they like, but to treat them as if their humans to such an extent that it appears to be costing a man his livelihood is just plain wrong!

For those of you that haven't seen Vick play, it is a sight to see, let me tell you. I hope some team stops cringing in fear of their fans and public relation mumbo jumbo, but rather do what's best for their team. For goodness sakes, Minnesota could pick him up in the case Brett Favre (that's a whole different soap opera) decides to not play for them, since they don't seem to have any faith in Tavares Jackson.

I don't know, I guess I just thought we were a forgiving country, but to me this seems a lot like the Salem witch trials...all because of some dogs! Someone said it best last week, there are guys in the league that have done much worse than Vick, and haven't served any jail time, no suspension, and barely any mention of it, but because he's a high profile player and this involved many Americans favorite animal, he has been made to suffer. Weren't the two years locked away in a cell away from football, running up a debt long enough?

Guess not, because heaven forbid anything happen to a dog. I guarantee you had he been running a prostitution ring, been a gambling bookie, or some sort of Mafia boss, there would not have been this much outrage, and he would have been back on the field as soon as stepped out of jail. This is just shameful!

No comments: