Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Not excited about the newness

You know it wasn't that long ago that the end of September/beginning of October was exciting because of all the new shows and episodes that were about to reclaim the airwaves, as opposed to the reruns and specials that had been running all summer. Sadly, those days went *poof* when networks decided that rerunning shows wasn't profitable (nevermind the fact that the people actually watching may actually want to see them again) and cheap (crappy) reality shows that they can stick on in their stead.

Last week, the new season got started and for the next couple of weeks there will be season ans series premieres all over the place. Unfortunately, I'm not really excited about any of them. Wait, let me take that back. I enjoyed Heroes last night, as well as the returns of both Bones and Fringe, and at some point in time I'm going to have to track down the series premiere of The Big Bang Theory. Glee is something that I'm not sure about just yet, though. That's like, what, 5 shows out of the entire fall schedule that has my interest. Of course there are others that I watch, but these are what I've seen as of today.

I believe that the main reason I'm not excited about shows anymore is the fact that at the first sign of trouble, networks will yank them. So, it does no good to really get into anything. I find this especially disconcerting because shows that stay on the air are those that I don't particularly care for, while the shows that I really like are he first to get canceled or have to fight for their life. I'm sure there are those of you out there that feel the same way.

Oh well, the new season is upon us. There plenty of new shows on the slate. Wonder which will be the first to be canceled and which will make it to a season 2. Same goes for the returning shows.

1 comment:

Lin said...

I'm a whore for reality shows--especially on Bravo. I don't know why I don't watch network shows too much--maybe, like you, I'm afraid they'll be gone. I love winter for my cheesy loves : Top Chef, Survivor, Hell's Kitchen, Amazing Race, Project Runway, Flipping out. Ahhhh, winter!