Saturday, November 28, 2009

I survived

Yesterday was Black Friday. I was watching on the news how people were camped out in front of stores since they finished their turkeys and dressing on Thursday afternoon. I've always found this a bit extreme and to this day the only time I've camped out in front of any place of business was for the release of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.

This got me to wondering, what would happen if I actually did make an attempt to brave the crowds and traffic and do some shopping. Being the daredevil that I am, I took the chance. I swear it was like walking down Bourbon St. during Mardi Gras out there!

People were shoving, pushing, grabbing, yanking, and I bet somewhere there was a fight or two. All the best human nature has to offer. It was then that I realized what a big mistake this was, especially since I had to be at the school for 4:30 in order to head to the game.

Having realized this, I purchased what I actually got out for and headed home. Was it worth it?

Well, I looked on-line and found a cheaper price for just about everything on my list (including shipping + handling) than the "deals" the stores had, so I'd have to say no. Will I be shopping exclusively on-line from now on? No, businesses need business, but cheap is cheap.

All in all, I happened tp survive yesterday, though. How did you guys out there fare?

3 comments:

The Hawg! said...

My wife made out like a champion on Black Friday, grabbing great deals all over the place. She didn't start camping out on Thanksgiving, however -- she went to bed early, got up about 3:30 a.m. then hit the stores with her mother, sister and our niece.

What was I doing? Sleeping, of course...

The Fitness Diva said...

I don't go for ANY of that. Who wants to be in the midst of an agressive, pushing, manic crowd?
Shop online, or wait until AFTER Black Friday. Guess what? Stuff is still on sale!

Mystery Man said...

Hawg- lucky her. I hear they're still looking for somefolks that got caught in all that...lol j/k I was right with you on thre sleeping last Friday. No need to get out in all that madness

Diva- that's exactly what I do..cheaper, and less hectic...not to mention safer