Saturday, October 17, 2009

Rivals

Today is a big day for college football, but I won't be here to see it. I have to be at a marching band contest. How dare they actually make me work?!?

So, today a couple of games that are huge. First, my alma mater Northwestern State University takes on our bitter in state rival McNeese State University. This is a down year for my Demons, as they haven't won a game yet. Of course, considering how all but 1 of the teams they've played so far are nationally ranked in either the FCS or FBS polls, it isn't that bad, but it does still hurt to be without a win. Unfortunately, the Cowboys of McNeese aren't going to be easy, either, but hopefully it'll happen.

Also, today is HUGE for my home state of Texas, as the Red River Rivalry renews! Texas WILL beat Oklahoma! That's all that needs to be said (I just hope I haven't cursed them by saying it, though).

Back to my Demons, you'd think by hiring a coach away from LSU, they'd be better, not worse. Ironically, this week it was announced that in 2011 they'll play LSU right here in Baton Rouge. Guess I'll have to sell my soul for some tickets.

No comments: