Thursday, December 10, 2009

Relaxation

After a long week of dealing with middle schoolers, you can just about imagine that I'm more than ready to come home and relax. Today, it just so happens to be raining, so I decided to take a nap.

I'm weird in that for me to really sleep well, I need some sort of noise in the background, usually (preferably) music, but white noise such as the sound of a fish tank works, too. Today, I chose to turn on my jazz list and mellow out.

Since I wasn't tired, it's amazing that I went out as fast as I did, but I was out like a light. Listening to the smooth sounds of Diana Krall, Charles Mingus, Chet Baker, along with other jazz greats such as Louis Armstrong, Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band, Glenn Miller, Charlie Parker, Tito Puente, and the list goes on.

Curiosity has the best of me, what relaxes you?

No comments: