Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The power of being late

Don't you just hate being late? Especially when it's something that's totally out of your hands? That's what happened to me this morning.

Usually I wake up and head to work about 7:15, but lo and behold, that's about when the power decided to go out. The only reason I know this is because the little woman had just walked out the door a few minutes before and I was just getting back into my last few minutes of sleep.

Needless to say, I woke up later than I should have and was late to work.

What was weirder is the fact that the power went out. Initially I though maybe we had forgotten to pay the bill, especially considering the time they turned it out and since it was clear as a bell outside. It was just weird, lemme tell ya.

I guess I'll never know why the power went out. Luckily, I don't teach a class first thing in the morning, so it wasn't that big of a deal, but I still hate being late!

Yeah, I'm weird like that. Anything like ever happen to any of you?

No comments: