Monday, January 11, 2010

Routine?

As human beings, we are instinctively set into routines and, at the same time, spontaneous. This brings me to the point of this post.

Fresh off Xmas break, last week was supposed to be more of a getting back into the swing of things, then the "big cold" hit on Friday cancelling school. Ok, no big, right?

Well, this week, I have to miss Thursday and Friday because of honor band stuff (those of you familiar with the band world will know what that is...maybe). Even if I wasn't going to be gone, Friday is only a half day because of report cards.

On top of all this, Monday is Martin Luther King Day, so that's another day of no school.

With all that, its hard to get into a routine for both us teachers, as well as the students. However, I'm not really complaining about the days off. I love those...er...I mean, I hate missing work for such frivolity! lol

Seriously, though, by the time we finally do get back into a routine, it'll be Mardi Gras break. That's the thing I hate about the second half of the year, there is no continuity, until the very end, and then its just all stress.

Oh well, I'll live.

No comments: