Thursday, December 4, 2008

Flashback

Most of us remember the days when you would wake up on Saturday morning and see cartoons (hand drawn) from the wee hours until about noon. Ah, how I miss those days. However, one of the shows I remember fondest wasn't a cartoon at all, it was an arguably cheesy sitcom. Remember Saved By the Bell?

Normally when I wake up in the mornings, I turn on Good Morning America while I'm getting ready for work. However, this week, for some reason, had the TV on TBS and caught Saved By the Bell. Around here, the show comes on Saturday mornings in some form of syndication, and I knew it came on early on weekday morning, but I thought that was like 4 or 5, not 6 or 7.

I loved this show when I was in jr. high and high school. Time hasn't changed my feelings toward it, although it does make me reminiscent for my younger days.

Most of the cast has gone on to bigger and better things (we won't count Elizabeth Berkley's role in Striptease). In about 15 yrs, will we be saying the same thing about those Disney stars *cough* Miley Cyrus *cough*

In case you've never seen the show, or want a bit of nostalgia, here's a taste:

No comments: