Thursday, May 14, 2009

If this isn't inspiration, I don't know what is

I know that many of my readers, myself included, are on a diet, workout, and/or weight loss plan. Some have been getting results, while others are just getting frustrated at not seeing the desired results fast enough....a byproduct of today's instant gratification society. No one wants to put in the work anymore...but that's a whole different blog.

Not to mention, we always see these celebs that are pregnant and/or fat one day and seem to snap back into shape like a rubber band in less than a month. That can be inspirational and all, but what about a real person that shows real results?

This is my friend Jennifer this time last year . As you can see, she's a bigger girl. Well, after Xmas she went on a diet and started running 2-4 miles everyday. I'm sure she worked up to it.

So, a year later, here she is 65 lbs lighter .

Now if that doesn't inspire you, I don't know what will. I'm so proud of her!

...she's at Oskaloosa beach in Florida for those of you that are curious where these pics were taken.

2 comments:

askcherlock said...

Good for your friend! That is wonderful. I kind of decided when I turned thirty that I would have to watch my weight the rest of my days. After having four kids, it hasn't always been easy. It's one day at a time, one craving at a time. Your friend is so fortunate to have you to encourage her.

Unknown said...

Wonderful for her! It's a never-ending battle for me. I've just begun another effort.