Monday, March 2, 2009

One Ring to rule them all

Tonight I finished the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Now, before you start freaking out and wondering why I haven't finished it before now, its quite simple. First of all when the movies came out, I was with someone that thought Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and other such things were evil because that's the way her parents raised her...yet she loved Charmed! Secondly, all 3 movies are about 4 hrs long and I have a short attention span and ADD, so for me to sit through these movies is a miracle in itself.

I have seen the first 2 installments before, though, but this was the first time I got to see Return of the King. I have nothing bad to say about the trilogy, other than the excessive length. I detest movies that are quite lengthy. If I wouldn't have been interested, I'd probably totally pissed off about how long it was.

Clerks II has a (rather funny) scene where they debate about which is better Lord of the Rings or Star Wars. Anybody with half a brain knows Star Wars is a thousand times better, but for this generation, LOTR will do...although there is Harry Potter.

No comments: