Thursday, April 16, 2009

Reality trinity

I'm no fan of reality TV, as those of you who are avid readers are quite aware, but this is just too much. These 3 polarizing figures have to have something better to do than "grace" the screen with their presence.

Let's start with everyone's favorite Donald Trump hairdo wannabe, Rod Blogoajvic. This man, on top of having an impossible to pronounce and spell name, has been impeached, removed from office, and is facing federal indictment charges. Somehow, he thinks he's going to be allowed to go on NBC's "hit" show I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here. Since the whole controversy surrounding this man began, he has been on some sort of media blitz to try and clear his name, as if he did nothing wrong. Now, I'm not going to sit here and pretend I know all the details about his case, but there is just something unsettling about this? If I were in his shoes, I'd be more concerned with what's going to happen to me in prison and other more important things, rather than trying to hold on to my 5 minutes of national fame. Wouldn't you?

Apparently, having multiple kids warrants a show all on its own. There is already John and Kate plus 8 Now, it appears as if the Octomom, you know that woman who had octuplets, on top of her 50 gazillion other children (while not having any type of income) and won't go away, is negotiating for a reality show based around her life raising her kids. Why? Same as with Blogojevich, she wants to keep her 5 minutes of fame going as long as she can, because as soon as it ends, she'll be s.o.l. when it comes to raising those rugrats. Did I mention she's trying to patent the name Octomom? WTF?!?

I don't care what you have to say about Michael Vick, the man has talent. He made a mistake by running a dog fighting ring, but everyone just overreacted about it. People were, and still are, ready to crucify him over some dogs! Had he have raped and killed some girl, I doubt this type of outrage would have occurred. At least not this long. Anyway, he's soon to be released from prison and is shopping a reality show about his rehabilitation after prison. Now, of these 3, this makes the most sense, but would be even better if it was him trying to get back into the NFL, which may be a part of it. To my knowledge, it hasn't been picked up by any networks yet, but the way reality shows get sopped up like syrup by a biscuit, I think it'll happen sooner rather than later.

So, am I the only one that thinks these are all pointless attempts at furthering their 5 minutes of fame (except for Vick, whose fame comes from what he did on the field long before the dog fighting ring)? Will you be watching any of these?

No comments: