Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Euphoria

Wasn't yesterday a historical one? We inaugurated our 44th president! Now that the partying is over, he has to get to work on the change he promised. I'd be a fool to think that this is going to happen overnight, or even by this time next month, but in time we'll see. However, I have to share my feelings this morning.

Ever watch those old cartoon after they vanquish the villain and all of a sudden the skies clear and birds are singing their happy little tune. You know that feeling. A great evil is gone. now, I'm not going to say Bush is evil (or am I?), but I woke up this morning feeling the best I have in about 8 years.

I don't know about you, because I know some of my readers are not fans of Obama, not to mention the state of the economy and the world, but the feeling is one that I just wanted to enjoy. Hopefully the O-man will go down in history for more than being the first black president, but rather one of the best presidents.

No comments: