Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Sound of Silence

No, this entry isn't about the classic Simon & Garfunkel song (which is great, btw). As I last posted, the roof of my complex is being replaced. On top of that, it turns out that our chimneys are all rotted and need to be replaced for the roof to take and that will cost $500! Whatever happened to the insurance that we pay home owner's association fees for?

Anyway, not to get all negative here, as I mentioned yesterday the roofer woke me up at 5:30 am! Well, today it is overcast, so I suppose they're not coming. At least they weren't there when I left and the roofers here at work aren't working. Ah...the lovely sound of silence.

Of course, they are working at light speed. In two days, they've already got most of the roof up as far as I can tell, so a day off won't hurt.

No comments: