Monday, January 5, 2009

Resolution revolution

Well, it's the new year. Hopefully you've all recovered from your various holiday festivities. I'm not one for making New Year's resolutions, but this year I've decided I need to make a few.

The first is to make an attempt to be such a habitual channel flipper. Yes, I'm one of those. As soon as the commercials start, I'm flipping through like a madman.

The second is to make a trip to see my parents. Haven't been in 3 yrs this April. Think it's about time to go back, especially since they decided to actually send me a birthday and Xmas card this year.

The final and possibly biggest one is the one almost everyone makes, and that is to lose weight. Now, I'm not the biggest guy in the world, but I'm not the same size I was before I moved down here. Part of that has to do with the little woman being a great cook.

Speaking of the little woman, she's lost 20 lbs on her diet, so I figured might as well jump on the band wagon. I could also throw in that the sex has been better since she dropped the lbs, too...lol

Went through my closet today, and found some clothes that I haven't worn in quite awhile. Most of them still fit, some more snug than others. Good thing is, though, the last time I tried some of them on, I could barely squeeze into them, so I guess I've already been on some sort of weight loss thingy, just didn't know it. Who knows what will happen if I actually tried to drop the lbs.

However, I'm more interested in dropping inches than I am lbs. I know, I'm weird like that. Guess I need to go buy a scale, since the one we had shorted out when some water splashed out of the tub.

My goal for doing this is more about health. I'm getting on up there in age, so I need to start thinking about my weight and such.

So, what are your resolutions, if you have any? Any weight loss tips and/or stories? Feel free to share.

No comments: