Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The long offseason

I don't know about you, but Sunday's Super bowl was one of the best games I've seen in my lifetime. I was captivated from the opening kickoff to the final drive. Seems not that long ago that every game was a blowout (as a Bronco fan, I was often cheering on the wrong end of those beat downs). I'm ecstatic that the Steelers won, though, and have to tip my hat to the Arizona Cardinals with an amazing season they've had this year.

Now, the long offseason begins. Well, there's still the Pro Bowl next week, but other than that, football fans are left to listen to rumors about whose going where, draft stuff, and all the negative publicity that will come from players being out at night. Am I the only who notices how the never cover any good news about players until a big game?

So, until August, I have the NBA (GO SPURS!!!) and college basketball to hold me over. After they end, though, comes the dreaded dead time until the beginning of the college season (or high school...whichever comes first).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, this was one of the best Super Bowls ever!