Friday, February 27, 2009

Don't they learn anything at home?

So, today I was sitting behind the desk filling out paperwork. I swear I felt like a Gorgon (if you've read and/or seen Hitch hiker's Guide to the Galaxy you'll know what I'm, talking about, if not shame on you, go read/rent it and learn yourself something). Anyway...this kid, who's obviously headed toward a future in something art, comes up to me and asks me who was the Pink Panther.

Now, I'm not ancient or anything...as a matter of fact Pink Panther was actually before my time, but I've seen plenty of episodes to know about him. It does bring into question...am I that old? My niece and nephew know about Pink Panther but only because they have Boomerang, but this kid was a senior and didn't know about the Pink Panther.

Man, I just felt old. He did know about the Jetsons and the Flintstones, and even Speed Racer (probably because of the movie), though. So, perhaps he just thought it was something gay since he's pink. I dunno.

Isn't it amazing? Today's cartoons consist of Spongebob, Fairly OddParents, Kim Possible, and a bunch of others that will drift away into oblivion. Whilst the 'toons that I grew up on (He-Man, Transformers, Ducktales, G.I. Joe, Smurfs) all have a place in history. But the generations before have the ones with the most tenure (Scooby Doo, Pink Panther, Looney tunes, Mickey Mouse). Guess it just goes to show how times change.

No comments: