Friday, February 27, 2009

This si what you get for going on a reality show

I'm no fan of reality television. As a matter of fact, I think its a waste of airtime and a cop out for networks who are too cheap to pay for real, scripted shows. Having said that, there are a few that I will willingly watch such as Hell's Kitchen, Supernanny, The Girls Next Door and Wife Swap. (I don't consider American Idol and other competition shows reality).

The first time I happened to catch Wife Swap, was totally by accident. Ever since then, I haven't been hooked, but rather, it kills time until something better comes on. Occasionally they do have an interesting pair of couples, though. Unfortunately, each show seems to have the same formula.

I'm sure many of you have heard about this guy that was ona few weeks ago who thought he was better than America and really caused a controversy with his statements. Since his appearance on the show, hate groups have been started on Facebook, his ans his wife's businesses have suffered (I believe he was an art dealer or something and she is a life coach), his life has been threatened, and his rant has become a Youtube sensation. Obviously, he exaggerated for the cameras, but one has to wonder how much was exaggerated.

I heard last week that he was looking to sue the show and the network for defamation of character or something like that. I don't believe he went through with that since I haven't heard anything else about it.

Basically, this guy has his panties in a wad because he said some things on TV and people didn't agree with his views and got pissed off. I don't agree with his actions or statements, but this is America and he is free to express himself. However, if you go on a show like that and do/say something controversial, you better be ready to accept the backlash. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure they had him sign some contract stating he was willing to accept said backlash.

*SIGH* This guy gives liberals a bad name. Here are some excerpts from the episode.
Feel free to throw things at the screen(but don't break your computer).





I do wonder, if he hates the US so much, why did he become a citizen?
Now, his wife and the other husband aren't exactly model citizens, either, but at least they accepted change and didn't degrade each other or the country, not to mention brainwash the children into ignoring the other wife.

Ugh! Just watching this thing again is frustrating!

No comments: