Monday, September 8, 2008

Blackout issues

As some of you may know, last week the power was out around here. It finally came back on Saturday. Since then, some of the electronics have been having some issues.

The microwave clock seems to be bit dim. This could just be the way I'm looking at it, though.

My desktop was working perfectly fine before the outage, and now it's saying it can't start windows because it can't find it or its corrupt. Thank goodness for the laptop. Oh, did I mention, that the hard drive was making clicking noises? From what I've heard, that's a sign that it's nearing its end. Poor thing. I wish I could find a way to at least access the files on there before they get lost forever, though. I've talked to some of my computer geek friends about it and they're going to get back to me. Anyone else out there have any ideas/suggestions?

The microwave is no big, the comp is, though, but the next one is just annoying. My television is acting funky. I thought it was something to do with the remote, but the controls on the set won't even work. The menu screen comes up on its own and then any control over it is shot to hell. However, after a few monotonous button pressing things get back to normal...for a little while. Then it starts again. Oh, and unplugging it and plugging it back in doesn't help. Oy! Another issue that wasn't had before the blackout. Anyone got any ideas what's up with the TV? I'm stumped! It's annoying the piss out of me!

No comments: