Friday, September 19, 2008

Voting on looks?

A friend of mine and I were talking about who we were voting for since neither of us have 100% committed to one or the other. During our discussion, my friend said probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Not sure if he was being serious or not, but he said that he was voting for McCain/Palin becuse he likes to look at Sarah Palin? In other words, he's basing his vote for the next president based on the attractivenss of his vice president.

I guess he's forgotten that being vice-president means you all but disappear unless needed and she'll never be in the same place as McCain due to security reasons. Boy, I tell you, some people just don't think!

I hope he was joking. Not to make it sound like I'm against the Republican nominees, but these are just some repugnant reasons to vote for someone!

3 comments:

foongpc said...

Voting based on looks? That's irresponsible! Then let Britney Spears or Paris Hilton be the next president since they look better than Palin (and younger too) : )

Ms. O. D. said...

LOL! this doesnt surprise me... i think there's a handful that'll vote Obama for the same reason.

re Paris Hilton, she did has some good ideas watching her ad/video :P

Silver said...

hello. thanks for visiting my blog and the comment. yeah, i must not give up on friendship even if it hurts sometimes. and you are right, technology these days can really bridge gaps.

you have a cool one too. here in the Philippines, elections will be in 2010 but mnd you, candidates are starting to send feelers already!!! politics!!!! gggrrr!!