Thursday, August 7, 2008

Enough already!!!!

I grow weary of these big switchover commercials. Am I the only one They're making it sound like it's the end of the world or some kind of crime if you don't switch over. It's only the beginning of August, but I can imagine these things are going to get worse as D-day gets closer, especially around Xmas to up the sales of high definition televisions and then the last few weeks before the actual date. Still, as someone said, who is this really going to affect? Most people I know have cable, so we're safe. People with directv are pretty much already getting HDTV, aren't they? So, what's the point? Those who don't have cable need to step into the 21st century (unless its for financial reasons) And people wonder why I don't like commercials!

Another commercial I grow weary of, is this silver plated dollar thing commemorating 9/11. Enough already. They keep saying "We'll never forget". Of course we won't forget! How can we? Just when it's about out of our heads, something brings it back to the forefront! I'm not saying we should totally forget or anything. I mean, those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it, but geesh. This is ridiculous. On top of that, who is actually gonna buy these things other than collectors and just some weird people that buy anything they can get their hands on. Ugh! Enough of this!

Oh, and last, but not least...Hurricanes Katrina and Rita! I live an hour away from New Orleans, so it's probably magnified for me down here, but, as with 9/11, they won't let us forget. Of course, the city of New Orleans is still rebuilding and many people still don't have homes and whatnot, so they can't forget. Also, with this being hurricane season, I understand the comparisons, but every hurricane does not need to draw comparisons. They're all not headed for Nola! Also, Rita, who was much bigger and did more damage, has to feel like the scorned little sister to Katrina hot, popularness because you never hear about hurricane Rita..at least not as much as you do Katrina. What's up with that? I feel for everyone that lost stuff, and if that ha happened to me, I don't know what I'd do, but enough is enough!

side note of irony..Katrina was a big bitch of a hurricane that did nothing but damage...i dated a girl in high school that was a big bitch who did nothing but take my money...hmm...

No comments: