Thursday, November 13, 2008

Don't they have their own network?

So, last night ABC decided to forgo their usual Wednesday night programming in favor of the Country Music Awards. Now, let me say, I do not care for country music, but I respect the artists and the hahrd work they do.

I don't know where you all live, but down here we have 2 country video stations. Shouldn't the CMA's be on one of those? Isn't that what they're for? To give an outlet for country music?

Hell, the hip-hip awards are confined to BET, with maybe a mention on MTV or VH1. I belive the metal/hard rock awards (the name escapes me at this monent) is on VH1, as well. Yet, the CMAs gets a spot on major network TV? WTF?!? This is not right.

Of course, my bitching about this on this meeger blog isn't going to do much, but at least I can get my feelings out there. I'm sure I'll be flipping through the channelslater and see said CMAs on one of those country stations becuse the 2 or 3 hrs it was on last night wasn't enough. Oh, and don't forget the endless fashion analysis on E! and the TV Guide network. Ugh! Make the pain stop!

No comments: