Thursday, November 6, 2008

There was a time

It's no secret that I love the time period of the 30-early 50s, and if not for certain circumstances that go along with living during that period of time, I'd probably do everythung I can do go back and live in that time. That being said, I was just watching an episode of I Love Lucy.

On this episode, they were all in Italy and she had to make a call to NY so that she could wish her son happy birthday. What struck me as a little funny, was that the on;y phone in the hotel was at the front desk, and they were staying on an upper floor that required lots of stairs.

I think the lack of elevator was for comedic effect, as was there only being one phone, but think about it...these days with cell phones, iphones, blackberries, and such, when was the last time you didn't use it? I, for one, feel naked if I don't have mine with me. How sad is that? Especially when you conider that it wasn't that long ago, that we didn't have such luxuries.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

I also totally feel lost without my blackberry. When I forget it at home I find myself reaching for it like a complete dope about 100 times and feeling devastated when it isn't there.

Sad, really...