Thursday, November 13, 2008

While they'e bailing folks out

Seems as if the government is bailing any and everyone out who asks, so my question is, why not bail out those of us that have student loans?

At first this came up in a new group that was started on Facebook, but it has been gaining steam since then. I'm not a fan of bailouts, because I see it as a handout, but I do see the logic in bailing out college loan holders.

It costs an arm and a leg to go to college in this country. I went to a small La. university and still had to depend on scholarships, loans, and a grant to pay for my schooling. I wouldn't mind them bailing me out, but I'm not asking for it.

The idea is intriguing, though. Especially since it seems as though the government is helping all but the people.

Any thoughts or opinions?

3 comments:

Davida said...

Wow! I didn't know there was a movement for this, but heck Yeah! I have student loans like CRAZY and if the govt's going to continue to dole out money on folks who didn't properly plan or were motivated by greed, throw me in the mix too--someone who valued education to make a better life for my future.

Andrea said...

I wouldn't ask for it either, but I sure wouldn't mind several hundred more dollars in our account every month. At one point, our student loan payments were more than our rent. And yeah, if the gov is going to keep bailing out these businesses, the people are certainly in more need.

Erin Tales said...

I agree. Our only debt (besides a home) is a student loan. But we cant do ANYTHING bigger house, more kids, new car) until we pay that sucker off. Yet they bail out people who knowingly took out loans to live beyond their means.