Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Rushing the holidays

I love Xmas, but I despise and detest most Xmas music. There are two reasons for that. First, they play the same 4 or 5 songs over and over again and more often as th holiday drawn nearer. Secondly, being in a school band, I've had to play the same crap over and over again, especially in parades. This has led tomy hatred for the music. I still love the holiday, though.

So, after Halloween, I went to Wal-Mart and the little woman pointed out that they were playing Xmas music. she knows how much I detest that. Apparently, she wasn't the on;y one to notice (and try to rub it in). More and more of my friends have been bringing it to my attention that stores have been playing this stuff. One even said they started playing it as early as Labor Day! WTF?!?

I know that Halloween and Thanksgiving don't have any offical holiday songs...come to think of it, Thanksgiving doesn't have any, but let the holidays have their time before you start whipping out the Xmas stuff. These holidays have to feel like the forgotten kid in the corner to Xmas beauty pagent straight A student....lol

Maybe if they rush Xmas, they can rush the summer. I'm ready for vacation! lol

Speaking of Xmas, does anyone remember those ornaments McDonald's use to sell back in the day? They should bring those back. Think my parents still have them up in the attic somewhere.

No comments: