Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Have they lost their minds?

So, the automakers are asking for a bailout. Nothign wrong with asking. what's the worst that's gonna happen, the government is going to say no?

Well, if you're going to ask for a multi-billion dollar loan, why would you take a private jet from Detroit to Washington? I believe I heard the price was $2,000. WTF?!? A coach ticket was like $200 and a first class ticket was about $600. Those are estimates, but one has to wodner WTF?!?

Are these people insane? Apparently, all the top executives have a private jet. WTF?!? Sell off some of those jets, and that might help some of their finanicla woes. Ugh!

Not sure who is worse, the auto makers and their private jets flying in to ask for money, or the AIG CEOs using the money they got from the bailout to go get pampered.

3 comments:

Lola said...

I hear you can put those private jets on ebay. (Sarah Palin did.)

Seriously, did they really go to that Washington in their private jets?

That's like when my kids were babies and both my husband and myself got laid off. We dragged our tails between our legs and went to an aid organization for food. We were intensely grilled by the social worker to insure that we truly were needy. (Umm, I don't know about you, but it takes A LOT for a proud person to have to do this.) Anyway, while we waited in the waiting area others came in to wait for their meeting with the social workers to obtain food. Some of them wore more gold than Mr. T! Some of them had fur coats. I'm not kidding, I wish I were.

http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com/

HawgWyld said...

Yes, that was all over our news radio channels today. Everyone had a great time with that.

Heh. It's like rolling up in bankruptcy court in a Ferrari, isn't it?

I hope those bastards don't get a dime from the government.

And, by the way, what happened to that $1 billion the Bush administration gave to GM in 2001 for hydrogen research?

The Natural State Hawg

Anonymous said...

Since they're carmakers, maybe they could have, you know, driven to Washington D.C. or something.