Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Take a moment...

Those of us out here in the blogosphere have different views on everything from politics, to sports teams, to the way people should dress, but one thing that those of us (especially in the US) should do is remember those that have fought for these rights, as well as the rights we enjoy in our everyday lives.

Today is Veteran's Day. While no one in my family is a Veteran of a war (that I'm aware of, anyway), my dad served this country proudly as a member of the U.S. Air Force for 25 yrs. I never served outside of ROTC in high school (which was supposed to get me out of P.E., but when we moved I still had to take it...ugh!). I was heavily recruited by the military, though, just chose to go straight to college. They wanted because I had like some exceptionally high score on the ASVAB test. Don't ask me what that stands for, I don't know.

AS I was saying, let's all take a moment and remember our veterans today, because without them, chances are many of us wouldn't be here.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

Flo said...

Good post and good point!!!

ASVAB = Armed Services Vocational Apptitude Battery