Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bring the heat

Well, it dropped down in the 30s last night, so while I had been trying to keep from turning the heater on, because as many of you probably know, heat costs way more than A/C. Not to mention that this is La., and as soon as you get all used to the cold, it'll turn back to summer-esque weather.

For instance, when I was in college and the first cold snap came very year, the dorms would switch the heat on and in the next couple of days it'd be back up in the 80s, but the heat would be on in all the buildings. They said its some switch that has to be flipped in the main office and that they can't flip it back and forth wily nilly because of costs or something. So, they'd rather put all the students, staff, visitors, and faculty in misery. I wonder if any of the other schools in the state, or even the country are like that.

Back to the heat, so last night, I turned it on. I'm not sure if I like the smell of the first time the heat is turned on in the fall/winter, but I don't hate it. Personally, I prefer the smell when you first turn the A/C on in the spring/summer.

No comments: