Friday, October 3, 2008

Oh, how I miss high school

As a high school teacher, I get to see first hand all types of things that I didn't get to experience during my times in those days. Watching these students makes me miss high school.

Today is Friday, we had a pep rally, and there's a game tonight. The football players are in their jerseys. Cheerleaders are wearing their uniforms. Band kids are in the band t-shirts.

I swear sometimes I wanna pull my horn back out, out in a uniform and get out there with them. Sadly, those days are over.

I know I'm not alone in thinking this, but high school was some of the best times of my life. not to mention the fact the the country was in better hands back then...lol

Oh well, its always fin to reminisce, right?

5 comments:

Carol said...

I just got back from the HS football game. I am SOOOOO glad those days are over for me. They were fun, but seriously...

I'm not in a hurry for them to be over for my kids'. I'll miss them too much when they're gone.

I have 7 more years of HS football games ahead of me. And booster work. I'll live.

Athena said...

I'm with Carol. High school sucked! However, I'm glad you have the good memories, instead ;)

Anonymous said...

Some of my best memories from my teen years were those high school days - a little different in England than in North America. For one thing, I went to an "all-boys" private grammar school so we didn't have cheerleaders!

Anonymous said...

There were things/times I wouldn't mind going back to, but in general, I'm glad it's over.

Mystery Man said...

There are things I wouldn't want to go back through, but for the most part, my high school experience was a very pleasant one. Sounds like I'm in the minority, though.