Sunday, October 26, 2008

Just when I was about to get on my little soapbox

I was all set to rattle off a rant about how this year it seems like it's a cardinal sin to have 2 NFL games on at the same time down here this year, but just as I was getting my thoughts together, I flipped over and saw that there are indeed games on both stations, so I'll save that rant for another time.

Howver, I have to say, who decides which teams we get to watch? Down here in south La., they tend to believe everyone is a Saints fan. I'll get back to that in a sec. Usually, they also show the (Houston) Texans, or (Jacksonville) Jaguars. I know this has something to do with the area and whatnot. However, am I to belibe that Jacksonville is closer than Dallas or Tennesse? Why, man, why?!?

Back to the 'aints. I've lived in this state since 1988. Never have I been a fan of the team from New Orleans. Becuse of this, I have felt ostercized many times. Especially a couple of years ago when everyone thought they were God's gift to football and that they deserved to the Super Bowl. Here's a little tid bit of info. Not everyone that lives in a given area is a fan of the area team, and it is no team's birthright, if you will, to go to the Super Bowl.

Of course, as I write this, they are playing over there in London, while the more important team (Dallas Cowboys) are playing at home. Guess which one I'm watching! I'm actually surprised they're showing this game. Seems like they do all they can to NOT show the Cowboys in these parts. It's a conspiracy I tell you!

Ok...I forgot what else I was going to say, so I'll post this and maybe it'll come to me after a bit. Hope you all have a nice day!

No comments: