Thursday, October 9, 2008

Poor Cheryl

I've made it no secret that I don't care for reality TV, but there are a select few that I will give the time to. Dancing With the Stars is one of them. Aside from the celebrities, I enjoy looking at the women. Hey, I'm a guy, what do you expect. MY favorite is Cheryl Burke


I was watching GMA this morning and she was basically having to defend herself for taking some time off and gaining 5 lbs! 5lbs? Apparently, people are so fickle that if a woman gains 5 lbs these dyas, she'll be called fat! It's almost as disgusting as the AIG CEO's!

Cheryl has always been the curviest of the dancers, which maybe why I like her the best. I like curves, not bones. However, she took some time off and gained a few lbs. What's so wrong with that? For that matter, who says she has to look like the others? Her curviness makes her unique.

Whatever bloggers, pundits, critics, or whoever that think she's fat need to get over themselves. Chances are they're probably 400 lbs living in their parents basememnt just looking for something to criuticize to make up for their miserable life!

You can read the articale about Cheryl here

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your last paragraph! Whenever I read comments about supposedly overweight celebs I always imagine the blogger resembles Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons.

Pasyon, Emmanuel C. said...

sorry, this comment might be digressive, but is she, in any way, related to brooke burke?

Babs (Beetle) said...

The men of the fifties knew what a good woman looked like. Curvy and womanly. I'm not a man, but I'm sure, if I was, I would far prefer a shapely woman.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl has been my favorite since the first time I watched (a few years ago). I think she's awesome!

S. A. Hart said...

Cheryl isn't overweight at all. It's time that celebrities and the press recognize that women aren't meant to be anorexic.

Mystery Man said...

kate- i'm glad you loved my last paragraph. that's exactly who i was thinking about when i wrote that.

emmanuel- as far as i know she's not realted to brooke

babs- it's not just men from the 50s. i myself prefer a woman with curves. of course, i'm a very retro guy and probab;ly belong in the 50s...lol

web-betty- glad you agreee with me on cheryl's awesomeness!

s.a.hart- AMEN! what is it going to take to wake those people up? Half of the actresses in Hollywood having to go to treatmemtn for eating disorders or something?

Mira said...

I'm a big fan of DWTS and Cheryl being half Filipino is my favorite. I've noticed that she's put on weight too, but didn't make a big deal out of it. She's voluptuous and fit, not fat! Anyway, the common notion in the entertainment world is thin is sexy. So some actors are struggling to be in the 'it' world which to me is really pathetic.
Random Thoughts
Mira's Web Journal
A Moment to Exhale
My Barefoot Journey
My Kitchen Table
Scrappy Mommy

foongpc said...

I know why you enjoy Dancing With The Stars. You just want to look at those women. LOL
I prefer Amazing Race - you get to see women too but they are all sweaty and dirty : )
Or Survivor - even better. LOL

Andy said...

Hi its andy from Make a pound and I noticed you dont have your own entrecard pic so I have made one for you http://i38.tinypic.com/14vr32x.jpg feel free to use it if you like it.

who cares if some one put on a little its not like she is huge.

keep up the good work.

The Fitness Diva said...

I blame the media for helping to create these unrealistic standards for women. Also, for fostering this climate of celebrity worship to the point where it's just ridiculous!
Cheryl looks good and healthy. I guess they'd prefer her bones to be sticking out just like Keira Knightley's!

Mystery Man said...

mira- i totally agree with you. besides, what's wrong with having meat on your bones?

foongpc- never watched amazing race. just doesn't appeal to me. i used to watch survivr, but its gotten so predictable now that i don't even bother.

andy- thanks for the icon, but for some reason i can't get it to work. somethign about it not being a jpg format. :(

fitness diva- you are so right. they make it seem like its a crime for a star to have some meat on her bones. It's really a shame!